Friday, June 26, 2009

Scratch Beginnings: Me, $25 and the Search for the American Dream

Scratch beginnings I just finished this book by Adam Shepard on my vacation to Michigan.  Here's a quick review.  

I was turned onto this book by Dave Ramsey, who recommends it on his website.  

It's the true story of a young college graduate who sets a goal after 365 days to go from homeless with only $25 in his pocket and the clothes on his back to having $2500 in savings, having a roof over his head and a car to drive.  It's an entertaining story, told from his perspective. 

It made me appreciate what I have and reminded me to stop whining and complaining when I begin to think about what I don't have.  The book restored my "make it happen" attitude.  It reminded me to get back to the basics, set goals, and do everything I can to achieve them.  I highly recommend it.  I won't ruin the ending for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment