Thursday, May 22, 2008

What Steven Curtis Chapman Has Meant To Me

Sccmaria From Crosswalk.com today...



"According to an Associated Press report, the family of contemporary Christian music star Steven Curtis Chapman suffered a horrible tragedy Wednesday when 5-year-old daughter Maria was struck and killed by an SUV in her own driveway. Deepening their loss is the fact that the Toyota Land Cruiser was driven by Maria's older teenage brother, who apparently did not see his little sister."  To read the full article go to Crosswalk.com.



I was so saddened to hear of the tragic death of SCC's 5 year old daughter this morning.  The Chapman's have long been role models in the world of Christian music on different levels - as a family, as a singer, as a couple and as a songwriter. A winner of 5 Grammy's and 51 Dove Awards, I know he would give every single one of them back in exchange for his daughter.   



For me personally, I still remember Steven being overjoyed and giving me a hug when he learned that I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior that same week.  I've followed his career ever since before I started my Christian walk.  A friend of mine asked me to edit a video they were doing for their Christian camp.  They wanted to do a montage of video using the song "The Great Adventure".  I was given the CD and immediately became a fan of Steven Curtis Chapman.  His music was one of the seeds God planted in my heart in my Christian faith walk.  Then, later I came to learn more about him, his family and his music working in the Christian music industry.  Everything I've ever seen, read or heard about him was positive.  I've personally seen him be gracious to people that didn't deserve it. 



So, in this time of mourning and sorrow in the Chapman family, I mourn with them.  Please grant him, his wife, his son and his family grace as they grieve the death of their beautiful adopted daughter.  Having a family myself with 2 boys, I can only imagine what this family is going through.  My heart, prayers and thoughts go out to them today.  Chapman family, draw near to God and He will draw near to you (James 4:8).



Click here to read more about the Chapman's ministry, Shaohannah's Hope.



No comments:

Post a Comment