Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Father's Day

Tradition041cropDear Dad,



Thank you for giving me life. 



Thank you for giving me rides on your shoulders.



Thank you for being my role model.



Thank you for telling me that you're proud of me.



Thank you for being firm with me when I needed it.



Thank you for playing tennis with me.



Thank you for all the many golf tournaments we played in together.



Thank you for giving me a love for videotaping and electronics!



Thank you for sending me to Germany every summer so I could grow to know and love my family over there.



Thank you for loving Mom so well.



Thank you for encouraging me in my music.



Thank you for giving me a stable childhood.



Thank you for all the birthday presents.



Thank you for taking me on trips.



Thank you for teaching me how to ski.



Thank you for showing me the importance of work.



Thank you for helping me with my essays on Saturday mornings sophomore year.



Thank you for putting up with me when I was stubborn.



Thank you for making me laugh out loud!



Thank you for giving me grace when I was not a good son.



Thank you for loving me through those difficult teenage years.



Thank you for not making me move to Texas before my senior year of high school.



Thank you for signing me up for Dale Carnegie when I was 16.



Thank you for speaking German to me so I could speak a second language.



Thank you for teaching me about investments.



Thank you for squirrel stories and many laughs with your grandkids.



Thank you for a loving my wife and your daughter-in-law with a sensitive heart.



Thank you for respecting the way we raise our family.



Thank you for helping us financially when we needed it most during those first few years of starting my business.



Thank you for giving me a good work-ethic.



Thank you for being such a great Dad. I love you!



Your son :)



No comments:

Post a Comment