Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering September 11, 2001

911I remember exactly where I was when I first heard about the terrorist attacks.  I was driving into work and I received a message on my phone from Herbie, a prospective employee, who was scheduled to fly in for an interview telling me his flight was grounded because of the plane that hit the twin towers.  I immediately turned on the radio and listened all the way in to the description of the events that were unfolding.  I arrived at the office and watched CNN along with my staff (Katie, Malin, Mark and Elena) the events unfold live before our eyes on a TV in the Crystal Terrace building, 4th Floor off West End avenue in Nashville



Our little Alex was too young to remember.  Krissy was pregnant with Kaden back home watching as well.  It was a day I'll never forget.  I changed and America changed. 



Today, I watched the memorial being unveiled at The Pentagon and President Bush as he gave his emotional speech to the families and military servicemen there to commemorate the event.  I thought of how thankful I am to have my wife and boys.  I can't imagine what those families are feeling and experiencing remembering their lost loved ones today.  I think of Tammy Trent, who 7 years ago yesterday, lost her husband in a diving accident and who experienced unbelievable personal sorrow, loneliness and pain in the days to follow.  I remember her, Trent and her family today.



I salute our heroes in Pennsylvania who gave their lives to stop a plane from causing even more tragedy and death.  I salute our firemen who died to save thousands from certain death in the collapse of the twin towers on that day. 



9/11/01 is a day I will never forget for the rest of my life.  May God Bless America!



No comments:

Post a Comment